The Night the Oven Went Poof

6 Dec

Last night, we experienced something I never thought would happen to us… A kitchen fire. We were prepping for dinner and Maria walked past the stove and noticed flames, sparks, and smoke, oh joy!!

She called me inside and I immediately sent everyone to the neighbor’s house. I was able to put out the fire and the folks from the MFD confirmed everything was safe. So after hauling out the burned up oven and attempting to clean up the awful mess, Maria and I went to get the kids. Both big kids were visibly shaken (rightfully so, how often do you run outside with no socks in the middle of the night with a fire truck coming to your house) but OK. So proud of them for being strong!!

Looks like Santa’s bringing us new kitchen appliances after all…

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: